Monday 7 June 2010

Week 6

A good week last week – all the sessions were completed, though not necessarily in the planned order. Thursday’s 12 miler was actually Friday’s 12 miler and was glorious. Blue sky, bright sunshine, hardly anyone else around; lovely. Sunday’s 10 miler was one of those runs which would be really easy to miss, but after which you get a lovely sense of self-righteous satisfaction. I had loads to do at home before taking the kids to Jess’ 4th birthday party, I was tired and it was raining. All the ingredients for 10 more minutes under the duvet and sacrificing the running. But I forced myself out and had a great run. Yes it was wet, but my legs felt good, I met another ultra-runner en-route (I say another ultra-runner, I’m more of a wannabe currently) and running through streams of rainwater run-off around the Burbage rim with the thunder clapping overhead was quite spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment