Tuesday 15 June 2010

Proper British summer

After a long spell of dry weather, or at least dry weather whenever I’ve been running, this week was a proper washout. This week’s long run (14 miles) was entertaining, mainly as a result of the weather. As I climbed out of the Limb Valley into thick, wet cloud visibility reduced to less than 50 yards which was fine whilst I was on trails that I’m pretty familiar with, however my planned route took me across some moors off the back of Stanage Pole on access land with an indistinct path marked by wooden posts several hundred metres apart – certainly not visible in the fog. I took a couple of wrong turns and backtracked once or twice but managed to find my way across.

Other than that, the week was pretty much as expected. I brought Sunday’s 10 miler forward in order to enjoy a beer or 3 whilst watching England’s opening match at the World Cup on Saturday night so my legs weren’t fully recovered from the long run on Thursday. I also have to confess to missing one of my short runs this week, but hey, no-one’s perfect. And next week brings another “rest” week with only around 20 miles planned, and nothing over 8 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment