Wednesday 23 June 2010

Taking it easy

Last week was a (welcome) rest week with distances reduced and my legs given a chance to recover a bit. Only did 3 runs – 4 miles and 8 miles to work on Tuesday and Thursday, both of which were relatively fast, and around 6 miles on Friday round Hyde Park in London as I was down there for a meeting with work.

It was nice to have some variety, good to find a decent bit of greenery in central London and a relief not to be running on hills for a change. I did the run in my 5-finger shoes which is always a bit different. I also had a pretty heavy pack with my laptop and overnight gear in it. A novel way of cooling off after the run was provided by a dip in the Serpentine Lido, putting in around a kilometre of swimming.

I had anticipated a run on Sunday morning as I was away with Angie and no kids but both Friday and Saturday nights were somewhat fuelled by beer and so on Sunday morning my bed seemed a far better option. As I keep telling myself, it’s when you’re resting that you get stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment