Thursday 19 May 2011

The date is set

Confirmation came through today of the race dates - fly out on 5 April 2012 and return on 16 April 2012 with the actual race taking place from 8-14 April. That's 324 days away. That's not very long.

Luckily I have at least a vague plan of action as outlined in my races for 2011 shown on the right. Next up is the Lakeland Trails Marathon around Coniston less than 7 weeks away. I have some shoulder surgery to contend with in the meantime (it was postponed from this week to 1 June) so I'll have to see how that works out and fits in with my training.

Tomorrow morning brings with it a delightful 14 mile trip out into the Peak District on my way to work, and it's forecast to be sunny. Should be good. Having said that, based on how I looked at the end of the Sheffield Half Marathon, I may be struggling at work later on.......

No comments:

Post a Comment